We welcome you to the admissions process for Grace Christian School. As a part of this process, we ask that you read through our website carefully, including Our Mission Statement and Parent-School Covenant.
If you are interested in learning more about Grace Christian School, please call us at (540) 886-9109.
Parents should contact the admission's director at 540-886-9109 or email@example.com to schedule a time to meet with one of our school administrators for a tour of the school.
Before an interview is scheduled, the following information needs to be received by the admission's office:
- Copy of current and minimum of previous two years’ report card(s) if available
- Copy of most recent standardized testing scores
- Copy of all other school records/transcript (for high schoolers), including behavior records
- Student Questionnaire for Grades 6-12
The Admissions Director will schedule an interview once we have received the required documents.
Students interested in grades 6-12 should accompany their parents to the interview and will be interviewed separately as well.
Following your visit and interview, you will be invited to submit an online application for each student. The non-refundable application fee is $50 for the first student and $25 for each additional student. This fee is required in order to submit each Online Application.
Your application will be reviewed and student visit/academic screening scheduled once all supplemental forms are received. Most delays in processing come from incomplete applications and/or insufficient documentation. In addition to the completed Online Application, other required forms include:
- Forward Pastor's Reference to your current church for new families only (all grades)
- Forward School Records Release to current school (if applicable)
- Submit Student Questionnaire for students currently in grades 6-11
- Submit a signed copy of our Statement of Faith (the admissions director will email this to you)
- Submit a signed copy of our Parent-School Covenant
If a family is applying for Tuition Assistance, they should do so at this time.
Based upon the preliminary review, we will contact parents of rising 1st through 12th grade students in order to schedule a time for their child to spend a day-long visit at the school. This visit is a great way for students to learn more about what it is like to be a student at Grace. An academic screening will also be conducted.
For Kindergarten Students: While we do not schedule a visitation day for kindergarten applicants, each child will be given a readiness screening in March preceding the school year for which the application is made.
For Rising 1st-12th Grade Students: Visiting students will be assigned a "peer host" for the day to assist them with their visit. During the course of their day, students will be given a basic academic screening in the areas of language arts and math by school personnel to ensure proper grade and class placement.
Applicants will be notified of the decision within two weeks of the visit/screening by email and mail.
In making a decision, the administrative team will consider things such as:
- Is GCS able to meet the student's academic, social and physical needs?
- Is space available in that particular class?
- Are the student's parents supportive of the school's Christ-centered philosophy so that a partnership with the school can develop?
Applicants who are accepted will be given instructions to complete the online enrollment. Enrollment is your formal commitment to the school's mission, beliefs, and parent-school partnership. A $150 enrollment fee per family is due in order to secure your students’ enrollment. The enrollment fee becomes non-refundable after June 1, 2021
Once a student is enrolled, a copy of their birth certificate, immunization records, and health forms must be received by GCS prior to August 1. Students' year-end grades must also be received by August 1.